The German Hanns Seidel Stiftung (HSS) is seeking to employ a dynamic, motivated and capable « Regional Coordinator – Climate & Environment » for coordinating its climate and environment related project activities including delegation visits in the MENA region (Jordan, Lebanon, West Bank, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt) from 1 October 2023.
Under supervision and direction of HSS MENA, develops, monitors, manages, and evaluates selected project activities as assigned in accordance with the HSS Regional Strategic Plan for Climate & Environment 2023-2026;
Assists the HSS MENA offices in identifying, developing and managing contacts;
Contributes to public relations efforts and to knowledge dissemination and utilization;
Co-prepares delegation visits to regional forums (i.e. COP28 in Dubai, UAE) in line with the Regional Strategic Plan.
The position will be based in one of the MENA countries and includes frequent travels in the region, namely to Tunis, Rabat, Cairo, Amman, Beirut (if possible), Jerusalem (if possible), Bethlehem (if possible), and to Germany.
- Developing, planning, managing and evaluating selected project activities as assigned, and in close cooperation with the local HSS Country Offices;
- Writing and/or editing activity reports and other reports as assigned;
- Identifying, developing and maintaining contacts, liaising with partners, stakeholders and the media;
- Coordinating a regional network of environmental organisations in the MENA region;
- Supporting in the project’s accounting processes in compliance with HSS’s rules and regulations;
- Corresponding with project partners and drafting official letters as assigned;
- Drafting meeting and conference minutes;
- Other related duties as required by the project.
- Minimum a Bachelor (BA) Degree in a related field; graduate degree preferred;
- Proven experience in programme management;
- Genuine interest in and knowledge about climate and environment related issues in the MENA region;
- Strong interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with diverse partners and stakeholders in the Arab world;
- Flexible, and team-oriented personality that illustrates integrity, a collaborative spirit and a sense of achievement;
- Outstanding written, verbal, and listening skills at all levels;
- Fluency in English & Arabic; German & French will be strong assets;
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently, with a high-level of self-motivation and ability to set and meet goals;
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel within the MENA region for durations of up to 10 days per trip;
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office and e-mail software; social media skills and experience with other digital and online tools will be an advantage;
- Residence in one of the MENA countries mentioned above;
- Available up to 40 hours per week.
Entry Level Salary dependent on experience and qualifications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please submit your cover letter, CV and work samples as one single PDF document to amman(at)hss.de
Closing date: 15 September 2023